The CPRFHK’s Accreditation program started in 2003 and is now in its 11th year. Since it’s inception the objective of the Accreditation Program has been to:
- Create a transparent quality management system for Hong Kong PR consultancies
- Provide clients and Government bodies a simple and consistent framework for evaluating quality standards of public relations firms
- Help PR firms in Hong Kong deliver high quality and ethical PR services
The CPRFHK’s standard was developed in Hong Kong, for Hong Kong, and inspired by ISO9000 and by leading global communications bodies, including the PRCA and PRIA. When developing the accreditation system the CPRFHK formed a Commission comprising representatives of PR firms (large, medium, and small; local and international), clients of PR firms, and financial and legal advisors to PR firms. The standard was codified by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency and is reviewed annually by the CPRFHK’s Accreditation committee and the HKQAA to ensure that the standards are in sync with best practices in the market and across the global communications sector.
To participate in the Accreditation Program you can follow these steps:
- Become a member of the CPRFHK
- Contact the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency (HKQAA) to book an audit date (see contact details below)
- Prepare background information and an agenda for the audit day for the HKQAA auditor, according to the CPRFHK’s Standards Framework
- Undergo audit: HK$6,750 auditor's fee (Confirm price is current)
- Correct non-compliance areas if required
- HKQAA will then inform cPRf about successful audits and issue an official accreditation
Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
The CPRFHK Accreditation Standard
The CPRFHK standard was developed in Hong Kong, for Hong Kong, and inspired by ISO9000 and PRCA's scheme.
The standard was developed by the Accreditation Commission, comprising representatives of PR firms (large, medium, and small; local and international), clients of PR firms, and financial and legal advisors to PR firms. The standard was codified by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency, and tested in a trial audit done on a CPRFHK member firm.
The standard is based on the minimum requirements for a reputable firm, and is developed from a positive point of view (help companies raise their standards), not a negative point of view (aggressively excluding companies). Compliance with the CPRFHK code of ethics is a key element.
The accreditation system covers the following areas:
|Campaign administration||Team experience and training|
|Services||Finance and administration|
Answers to specific questions about Accreditation can be found in the Accreditation FAQ section of this website.